[plug] Sorta [OT] Anybody know where I can get SuSE 8.1

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu Jan 9 15:49:14 WST 2003

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 09/01/2003 03:41 PM
-----

                      Quintin Lette
                      <quintin at arach.ne        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      t.au>                    cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [plug] Sorta [OT] Anybody know where I can get SuSE 8.1
                      09/01/2003 03:44
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 03:23 pm, Richard Meyer wrote:
>> Subject line says it all. Anybody know where I can get the Professional
>> version preferably? Failing that I'll just have to make do with the
>> Personal - failing that I'll just have to stick with 7.3 - failing that
>> I'll have to go to Mdk or even lesser distros. Oh, Heck, I should've had
my
>> shields up when I said that - those flames are gonna hurt.
>>
>> Cheers
>> RichardM

Hiya Quintin,

Thanks for the offer. I'd really like the Pro version, and I don't have DSL
access, I live in Legoland (Currambine). Telstra were supposed to have the
exchange upgraded today, but no luck so far.

I do have a DVD ROM, so if you can bear to be parted from the DVD I'd
appreciate it, unless someone comes up with 8.1 in the meantime.

Drat I used to take every second release when I was still in the armpit of
the 3rd world, but gere, I haven't even seen Linux for sale except at Linux
IT and a small newsagent in Northbridge, where I bought RH 7.3 and 8.0.

Thanks
RichardM