[plug] Centralised Bookmarking

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Jan 10 14:04:15 WST 2003

Does anyone know of some kind of centralised bookmarking method to hold
all my Internet bookmarks in one accessible place, or synchronise them
across all places?

On a daily basis I use 5-6 machines with different web browsers, over
time and due to my own laziness this results in an accumulation of
bookmarks on each and every browser (about 20 so far).

The emphasis would be on the ability to add new ones very quickly with
minimum hassle and to be able to read them similarly.  Thus one of my
own web-based hacked-together-cgi solutions might suffice if I can be
bothered.  I guess it could deploy a cookie the first time you login and
then never need to ask for login details again if it finds the cookie to
keep it all fast and unobtrusive.

The majority of the machines are Linux based, thus a web-based solution
need not be the requirement, though that would make it more portable to
Windows machines.

There are a couple of projects on source forge but they are either Linux
console based only, or have no files posted.

Anyone else got this need or am I just a complete freak? [please keep
answers to this question on-topic] :)

TIA,

Ryan