[plug] cipe problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat Jan 11 15:32:59 WST 2003

We have a vpn using rhl cipe connecting the office to the home and to a
client.  The connection to the client is fine, but the connection to the
home is having problems.  I've narrow it down to the server, not the
link or router.  I keep getting a screen full of the following messages:
ciped-cb [712]: kxchg: recv: Invalid argument
ciped-cb [712]: kxchg: recv: Connection refused

I've looked at the option file and all looks fine.  Is there any method
to find out which argument is invalid?  Or does someone have another
suggestion?

info:
Redhat 7.2 server both ends
CIPE version 1.4.5-6
Port 6800

---LAN-----eth0----router---eth1---INET---eth1--router--eth0---LAN---
    \                                                    \
     ---192.168.5.1/24                                    192.168.1.1/24

[cipcb0: 192.168.10.3]-----VPN Tunnel of INET ----[cipecb0:192.168.10.1]

I should also mention I have iptables running on the 10.3 network and
10.1 network.

This problem started when I was doing so setup of NFS and smnp on the
server.

Thanks
--
Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>