[plug] [OT] ish - LCA

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 14 15:45:33 WST 2003

> On 14 Jan 2003, Simon Scott wrote:
>
> > Or perhaps LCA should run streams of related material like most other
> > conferences do :) Webdev stream, kernel geek stream, desktop user stream,
unix
> > administrator stream etc. Or does that make things too easy? :)
>
> LCA does have a concept of streams.  Try to find 2 kernel talks running
> simultaneously.  The programme was differently structured but this is the
> final layout.

good-o.... I couldnt see it, but Im glad it exists.

> We've _tried_ to focus on developer needs. As well as covering some of the
> biggish OSS projects.  Something to keep in mind, LCA2003 can only select
> papers that are submitted to it.  If noone wants to talk about XXXXX
project
> then we can't make it happen.

This is too true, however it doesnt mean that I have to find the other topics
interesting :)

> > Looking at the topics, in between all the TBAs, I couldnt derive a pattern
at
> > all - attending the conference will therefore teach you to code a HTML
kernel
> > module in PERL :) or something.
>
> There are TBA's on the website ... Oh crap where thats planly a typo.
> Ooooh I see it, I'll get "Keynote 1" fixed ASAP, thanks for poiting that
out.

Im sure there were more - perhaps I was looking at the wrong site.

> You can learn about postgresql, samba, php, kernel, licensing,
> automake/autoconf and the project lifcycles of both gnome and debian.

The postgresql one might be interesting - can people pay to see only one
seminar?

> Now I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just attempting to address
> some of your concerns.

good-o.

> > When do registrations close? I must organise to forget that date :)
>
> Charming, to be sure.

Tongue firmly in cheek :) I guess LCA isnt for everyone - dont take it
personally.