[plug] hdd problem

Daniel cottmain at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Jan 15 10:33:43 WST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 08:50, Darren wrote:
> howdy i have a problem with a 40gb drive (fat32) ,i cannot access the
> drive it is not noisey and is detected by the bios ok.there is a  lot of
> data on this drive that i would like to recover ,under win2k the drive
> size is reported as unknown and 640gb. i suspect that both fats may have
> a problem .can anyone suggest a method or software they use to firstly
> repair the fats?  or to recover the data off the drive .thanks
> Darren

Hi Darren,
I'm not an expert on this, but first I would try to read it by manually
mounting it with tomsrtbt floppy.  http://www.toms.net/rb/
and failing that I am afraid you might have to resort to one of
Symantec's Norton Utilities for Windows fix it tools.
Let us know how you get on.
Cheers,
Daniel.