[plug] all the nasties we don't have to worry about

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jan 15 16:36:43 WST 2003

> | just did a report on the quarrantine dir of our mail virus scanner with
> | a new linux-based one called f-prot, just to make sure it performs ok.
> | The result, after a bit of perl-mangling:
> |
> (snip)
> |       4 EICAR_Test_File
>
> I hear this one's particularly nasty. Just as well there isn't a
> Linux version :)

safebox at fetch$ wine EICAR.COM
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
Warning: unprotecting the first 64KB of memory to allow real-mode calls.
          NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!Wine exited with a successful status
safebox at fetch$

I kid you not :-)