[plug] SpeedTouch 330 usb Modem

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Jan 16 07:19:47 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 04:04, LineOne wrote:
> Has anyone had experience in installing one of these?

I've installed many SpeedTouch Home modems, the technique is the same
AFAIK.

> Have downloaded the drivers from the alcatel url, all seems ok, leds work on
> modem etc... However something missing, where do I enter my dial up details,
> username passwd etc.  Have RTM, till my eyes bleed.

Unless your ISP is using Ethernet over ADSL, I'm *guessing* that you'll
need to install a PPPoE client - I use roaring penguin. I gave up on the
packaged debian version, downloaded it straight from their site, ran the
installer, it asked some questions, including account and firewall
details, set it all up magically, and all my problems went away...

<http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/>

--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au