[plug] internal modem device

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Jan 16 11:41:02 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 10:39, Tim Bowden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an internal modem that I know works with linux.  It is in an old
> pc here at work and I need to get it going.  how do I know what device
> it is?

When your machine starts up the screen showing cpu info, ram, detected
drives and detected cards will show a line with a vendor id and a
product id, there is a site that tells you what each one means, I forget
where - running out the door - but google is your friend...
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au