[plug] sanitise your hard drive before passing it on ...

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 17 03:54:16 WST 2003

I have worked in a "security" concious industry at one time where dead
disks (of any persuasion) were consigned to being melted into a puddle
using oxy acetylene equipment to make sure sure that data was not being
"freed"!  A disk from the average joe windoz user who does not know to
even store his financial details in an encrypted file seems like more a
fact of life, and unlikely to change anytime soon.  And yes, I have had
to go search for blocks of data on fat32 disks that have been formated:
gave up in disgust as hand reassembling data blocks was not worth the
effort, but back then I was "honest" ...

As for the article - well it was from zdnet!

BillK