[plug] [OT] The sun

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Fri Jan 17 14:25:11 WST 2003

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 17/01/2003 02:17 PM
-----

                      "shayne oneill"
                      <shayne at guild.murd        To:       <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      och.edu.au>               cc:
                                                Subject:  Re: [plug] [OT] The sun
                      17/01/2003 01:46
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>Your not wrong.. Half-3/4 hour ago, had a brief 'look' got blasted by
glare
>and then used 3 layers of old sunnies to look...
>Verry cool.. But 3/4hour later, still got a splitting headache.

>That's a freeeaking bright sun out there.

>Suggestion.. stand near eaves and edge sideways looking up so you dont see
>the sun, just the surrounding clouds. You'll see
>the halo and you wont have welders flash!

>But damn Nature is a majestic old lady sometimes!

>Shayne.

Well, even if you do sue me for not warning that looking into the sun can
be contra-beneficial to your eyesight *eg*, you'll not make much. I arrived
here 6 months ago with nothing, and I've still got 95% of it. Any
restitution will take me back to 100%. ;)

BTW on eclipse days, don't "learned" people spring out from the woodwork
and warn everyone not to look at the sun? I know that they do in the armpit
of the 3rd world.

But I gotta agree - pretty spectacular. Makes me think of "the end of the
world as we know it" (TM). Also what ARE those Yanks dropping at
lancelin(sp)?

RichardM