[plug] rpm install of older packages

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Sun Jan 19 23:28:44 WST 2003

Hya Anne,

Install the other libstdc package `rpm -ivh --nodeps libstdc...`.
You may need '--force' as well.

libstdc runs beautifully with mulitple versions installed.
I had to do it when I upgraded from gcc-2.96 to gcc-3.1.

Isn't open source great...

Hope this Helps...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */