[plug] lca- You should be here

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Jan 20 14:00:58 WST 2003

On 20 Jan 2003, Tim Bowden wrote:

> Date: 20 Jan 2003 05:13:20 -0000
> From: Tim Bowden <bowden at iinet.net.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: [plug] lca- You should be here
>
> Hi all,
>
> If you didn't register you will be kicking yourself.  It's *big*.  The mini
> conf's are great with lots of people.  It's shaping up to be much bigger that
> lca2002 was.  The organisers have done an outstanding job.  If you aren't
> registered there are still a few spots available at the door or so I have been
> told.
>
> BTW, If you're judging the potential value of the conf just on the published
> program on the web site then you're making a mistake- don't say I didn't warn
> you...
>
> Tim Bowden

Well if details are to be concealed (yes, some of us have read TODAY's
news that Linus Torvalds is supposed to be making a previously concealed
appearance), then those who make decisions based on what is advertised,
can only concede that only those who decide that the cost/benefit
analysis of the advertised program is adequate, are wanted to attend,
and that others are not wanted to attend.

Makes the integrity of the principles of open source, a bit dubious,
don't you think?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale