[plug] is this true!!!!

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Jan 20 14:25:05 WST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Daniel Pearson wrote:

> I was speaking to a colleague the other day, and I heard the same thing to.
> Would be good to get some confirmation on it.
>
> Daniel

The article is wrong.  Linus _is_ comming to perth and he will be attending
parts of LCA2003.  Linus is _NOT_ speaking.  If you look at the programme you
will NOT see his name there.

Before you all ask,  The decision to keep things quite was made to avoid
LCA2003 being filled with "Linus Groupies".  We only want people with a
genuine interest in Linux/OSS to be here NOT a bunch on screaming autograph
hunters.

That may sound harsh but that sort of thing happens everywhere (expect OKS)
that Linus speaks.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!