[plug] Multiple boot logs

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Jan 20 20:50:38 WST 2003

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 11:42:46PM +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Hopefully a quick query.
> I am trying to test a different kernel version and was wondering
> if it is possible to have each kernel write to a different log?

In /etc/init.d/local-bootlog (symlinked to /etc/rc2.d/S99local-bootlog):

  #!/bin/sh
  cp -p boot_log boot_log-$(uname -r)-$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M)

Or similar, I forget exactly where boot_log lives.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Publishing a volume of verse is like dropping a rose petal down the
Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo.