[plug] LAN Gateway + mail Server

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 20 21:39:30 WST 2003

SME Server (gees that reminds me of "smeeeeeeg heeeeeeeead") will do
what you want.
There are contributed packages to allow certain users parts for the
management interface, and I have a cobbled together dialup panel
designed just for controlling the modem :) Stick to 5.5 though as of 5.6
Mitel is picking up *some* of the "Us & Them" attitude reminiscent of
Smoothwall - without the swearing, insults, and rantings - thank
goodness.

Very secure, has Horde/IMP built in, windows and mac filesharing, and is
as close to RedHat without all these custom mods that break normal RPM
compatibility. The only thing with SME / e-smith is that the config
files are created from perl and text fragments. So if you're looking to
add some fancy features, you need to remember to edit and "expand the
templates" to get a changed config file, not edit the normal config.

Oh and mirror.3fl.net has a HTTP/FTP mirror of the iso's

Regards,

Craig Foster
fostware at iinet.net.au (with SMIME)

<snip>