[plug] Proposed tax on blank Cdr

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 22 09:21:49 WST 2003

> Quite a few people break the speed limit when driving on public roads.
>  Since the police can't catch everyone who speeds, eveyone who holds a
> current licence will be charged $100 each 6 months whether they break
> the speed limit or not when driving.

and then someone like me, who hasnt been fined in *years* (since I had my P
plates and forgot to put them on when coming home from albany), gets a $100
fine for not instantly returning the plates on my commodore when the license
lapsed.

Im surprised the SWAT didnt bash down my door demanding the plates.

$100 for not returning 2 bits of rusty tin - Australian law at its best.

Its almost to the point where you cant avoid breaking the law almost every day
- you just dont get caught.

BTW, if anyone wants a VC commodore, VH interior, 5sp manual, 202, unlicensed
let me know - you can tow it away for free :)