[plug] Backing up data daily

John Clayton mageaere at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 22:09:58 WST 2003

>I want to make daily backups of folders from one disk to another, if
>possible I want to only copy the changed folders and files each day. I was
>thinking of creating some sort of script that will just run daily via cron.

One thing you could use it tar the source directory into a tar file and then
extract that file to you target directory. You can then use tar's update
facility to only update the files in the source directory that have been
changed since the last backup into the tar file and then ectract the whole
tar file into your destination directory any time you want to update it.
Should be easy enough to script