[plug] Ewing & Tux

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Jan 23 19:44:31 WST 2003

On 23 Jan 2003, Simon Scott wrote:

> ps. I just realised, does having Tux tattooed on my arm make me a Linus
> groupie?? agh, I feel so dirty. Actually, it probably makes me a Larry Ewing

I hope that tat comes off easily. Ewing is still refusing to handover
copyright to Tux, and Linus has been flaming him on the mailing lists, and
threatening to get a new logo. Currently, Tux is free to use, but Larry
could change the licensing conditions at any time, hence the controversy.
  I can now tell you that Linus, after negotiations with AOL Time Warner,
has selected the new mascot, and *may* be officially announcing it at this
conference.

http://plug.linux.org.au/~myk/linus-mascot.jpg