RE Misinformation and General Commonsense. Was [plug] Linus Torvalds' role at conference

levsky at rave.iinet.net.au levsky at rave.iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 24 08:02:26 WST 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 07:49:46AM +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> While you had him, you should have asked him to pronounce Linux in English,
> 'cause I still prefer lie-nux to linnix (same sound both "i"s).

He's said it several times.  It's closer to linnux (it's actually probably
closer to lynnux, with the y being pretty close to the u umlaut sound (as
in the german gruen, or the french lune).

I'm not convinced that he really cares that much how other people pronounce
it though :)

--
Old MacDonald had a form
e_i ^ e_i = 0