[plug] [link] Dept. of Homeland Security site switches to Linux from Windows 2000

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 28 13:51:58 WST 2003

> I don't know if this is good or bad. I've never felt so ambivalent about a
> govt dept adopting Linux... :)
>
> http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/01/27/1831240.shtml?tid=2

The article doesnt actually make much sense. In one sentence they claim MS
released a patch for SQL Server months ago but few people applied it, and in
the very next breath it claims that Linux is better because the patches come
out quicker..... errrr, even tho you'd still have to apply them!?!?

Dont get me wrong, having worked with SQL Server Id sooner eat my own foot
than install it, but if there's a damn patch you'd be nuts not to install it.

Maybe this says more about windows admins vs linux admins than the respective
OS's.