[plug] ridiculous UNIX one-liner

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jan 30 12:00:58 WST 2003

> GNU tools and cygwin... why limit it to *nix? ;)

Damnn funny. I wrote that on Cygwin to match dupes in my housemates' MP3
collection. Mine is all off my CDs, so I don't need to :-) (6gigs of ogg
files ripped off just-cleaned CDs using CDDA transfers on a good quality
drive... why do people /want/ to listen to stuff they've downloaded when
its a dodgy 128kbps MP3?).

> TAB is the default delimeter for cut(1) anyway, so in theory you
> shouldn't need this.

*smacks head*
Also the the space delimeted cuts can be replaced with byte-range cuts
since the MD5sum part is constant-length. Realised that later.

This made it apparent to me how badly I need to learn awk and sed -
since currently I find myself using inline perl do do the jobs awk and
sed are usually used for.

Anybody know of a good tute on awk/sed?

Craig