[plug] Opera 6.11 query

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Jan 30 12:25:36 WST 2003

On 30 Jan 2003, ryan at is.as.geeky.as wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 11:07, Bret Busby wrote:
> > Could someone please tell me where I can find the stored last session
> > for Opera?
> >
> > I can no longer run Opera, as it starts loading then crashes, but does
> > not bring up the crash window. This is perhaps because it has not
> > fully loaded the last previous time.
> >
> > The only cause that comes to mind, is that too many windows were open
> > the last time it was successfully run, and it can't handle opening them
> > all on startup.
> >
> > Thus, I reason, if I can get to where the session is stored, and delete
> > or modify it, so that no, or many less, windows are opened at startup,
> > it would run again.
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation.
>
> Do you have an opera.win or similar file in your ~/.opera directory?  If
> so, move it.  If that doesn't work, rename your ~/.opera directory and
> see if it starts, then migrate the relevant files back into the new
> directory.
>
> I don't have Opera installed, so I'm not much help beyond that.
>
> Ryan

Thank you.

That worked. There is such an opera.win file.

I tried to edit the file - delete the last so many windows, using gvim,
but that did not work.

Then renamed the file, and loaded Opera without any problem (no windows
open, unfortunately, but it works again, now).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."