[plug] xargs, "Argument list too long"

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Jan 30 12:47:19 WST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Craig Ringer wrote:

> One of the few decent excuses for using C or C++ is low level operating
> system tools and kernels. Everybody else should probably go find a
> language that understands that you can't just write 200bytes to a
> 100byte string.

Dont lump C++ with C. The C++ String class fixes that.
   And if you keep all heap pointers in classes, with free() in
destructors, you help avoid the nightmare of C dynamic memory management.
You can even have garbage collection.

--
 "I do not think we can hope for any better things now. We shall stick it out
to the end, but we are getting weaker, of course, and the end cannot be far.