[plug] Dial back

Robert Andrews squirrel at squirrel-resources.com
Thu Jan 30 21:17:51 WST 2003

Hi all,
      It is possible to have a debian box that's has a permanent internet
connection
dial via a second modem to a remote windows machine running xp and enable
ppp
for the windows client  i.e via a call-back or something.
Example I was staying at a rented unit for a few days and the phone line
only allowed
incoming connections I thought it might be possible to dial my linux box via
a mobile phone
and have it call back to the land line.
We tried it via wvdial on a debian box that had a adsl connection but it
tried to establish a ppp connection from the windows client where as I need
the debian machine to supply the ppp.
I hope I have clearly explained this.

Regards Bob Andrews.
Kalgoorlie