[plug] What are people doing up at this time? [OT]

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Jan 31 00:58:34 WST 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:58:12PM +0800, Tim White wrote:
| What the hell are people doing up at this time? I have an excuse, i am
| updating my Debian install whill i still have 100 free hrs on my dial up!

Me?  I'm inexcusable.  I claim that since I probably won't get up until
mid-afternoon tomorrow...erm, today...it's not a major problem in the
short term.  After all, why stick to GMT+0800 just because the sun happens
to do so in Perth[1]?

CP.

[1] Okay, so the GMT+0800 "line" is at 120E. Perth is somewhat west of
this - approx 115E, I think.  At 4 minutes/degree, that means we should
really be on GMT+0740 or so.  I suppose this also gives me a good excuse
for any time I'm <= 20 minutes late :-P unless my thinking has gone
fuzzy already and I should really be 20 minutes earlier for everything.