[plug] OpenOffice panic

Mark Saxon marks at omninet.net.au
Fri Jan 31 09:34:01 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:

>On Thursday 30 January 2003 03:02 pm, Mark Saxon wrote:
>

>>Has anyone had any similar expieriences with  SO and OO files.
>>

>>Any ideas at all would be helpfull at the moment.
>>

>You can unzip a few samples into their own directory and have a look at the
>XML. Compare it with the last-known-good one.
>
>Cheers; Leon

unzip ?   as in pkzip equivilent. Or do you mean unzip in some other
another way.
I tried zip instead but could not identify any XML component. In the
double compressed file.

Star Office and OO files are already compressed.. right.

Could be they were scrambled when written to cd. I did pick up the string
"Hat Convention" in one file which I'm dead sure was or
should not be  in the original.  Could be random chance I thought.

It did provide some light relief in what is becoming a likely fairly grim
final outcome. :(