[plug] setting up a Telstra ADSL connection

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Fri Jan 31 09:45:53 WST 2003

Type C bridged or Type D bridged?

If its a Type-D, I've got a sample config I did up and put on my web
space a couple of months back here:

http://frozen.3fl.net/tech_docs/cisco/cisco827-adsl_typeD.txt

Those are direct from a base working configuration I currently use on
our 827 here at work, minus our IP addresses and other stuff in there.

BTW, the version of IOS that shipped with our 827 was broken to all
hell.  It took troubleshooting with Cisco and about 5 different versions
to get one that actually worked properly.  Also Type C bridged line
configuration is bad, the 827 unofficially supports RFC 1577, but the
implementation of that also appears to be broken somewhat on the IOS
versions I tried that I got from Cisco.

I hope that the whole process for you is a lot less painful than it was
for me :)

/ Ben