[plug] Mozilla Mail and virus

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Fri Jan 31 11:58:35 WST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Mozilla is not affected by any known worms, or security holes that would
> allow worms to spread - so its not like Outlook, its not a worm-magnet.

As I hear the jargon, worms actively propagate across the network, using
holes in servers. Web browsers dont get worms, servers do.

  Of course, javascript bugs in a browser (for example), can let in
viruses which lauch worms into your LAN, under the firewall.

--
You ain't seen nothing yet.  - Miguel de Cervantes