SPAM and archives (Was: Re: [plug] PHP question..)

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Thu Jul 3 10:12:39 WST 2003

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:26:29AM +0800, Ben Jensz wrote:
> Onno Benschop wrote:

I have a large problem with spam at my old isp who still hosts my
original domain.. (they were very good when zip.com.au however now
are pacific.net.au and frankly appear to have NO spam filters at all
for general shell mail using customers)

I expect they think shell people should install their own filters,
or maybe they just don't acknowledge there are still folks who
use shell accounts within their user base :(

I also have other accounts in different networks where I read mail
via mutt (linmagau for instance) where I get NO spam.

Given my linmagau account is pretty splashed around the place
and the old zip one isn't (or for that matter wasn't) it is an
interesting thing.. and proves to me a good admin, who has a good
hand on spam assassin et al, can really be a blessing :)

I still see total HTML or CAPS mail slip through sites that
run many lists, AND use spamassassin, which I guess means that the
tweaking isn't as good as it should be at those sites:)

Hooray for horms :)
Kim