[plug] Rejoice as you use your Linux!

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Jul 3 12:50:08 WST 2003

Michael Collard wrote:
> I have no sympathy for Windows users. They get what they deserve! :P
>
> Regards
>
> Michael

I have sympathy for windows users. Sometimes there is no viable
alternative. Autocad or Protel for example.
However, I have no sympathy for Outlook users, as there are many viable
alternatives.

In the office here we have 25 odd machines. 23 of which the office "IT
expert" converted to Outlook from Eudora. The remaining 2 are still
running Eudora.

Before I installed amavis on the mail server, guess which were the only
2 PC's not to get infected every time there was a major virus outbreak ?

As wine matures, the need for keeping windows around diminishes, but
until it can run the software we need it to and run it well, the people
who have to use it will not allow us to make the switch.

Despite what people say (including me) 2000 or XP do what they do
adequately enough that people familiar with them don't want to make the
switch to anything that might be harder or different.

I tried to get OpenOffice in here, but because it would not open the
last 10 years worth of Word documents absolutley flawlessly, it was
rejected out of hand. Ignorance is bliss.

My ramble for the day anyway..

--
Brad....
  /"\