SPAM and archives (Was: Re: [plug] PHP question..)

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Jul 4 13:44:21 WST 2003

Tony Breeds wrote:

>I recalled reading a report[1] that said that the above was a good
>way(tm) to disguise an email address.  Thats why I suggested it.
>
>[1] http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml
>
>Yours Tony
>
>        Linux.Conf.AU       http://conf.linux.org.au/
>        Jan 12-17 2004      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!

What would be good would be a mailing list manager with integrated web
archive output that allowed subscribers to choose whether to display
their email address or not and if they did, in what format.

Or alternatively, a script that builds a simple png image with the text
of the email address in an image to replace having text there at all.
But I suppose that would generate a few more CPU cycles to process...

/ Ben