[plug] Mandrake 9.0 to 9.1 upgrade

Dave Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Fri Jul 4 19:56:10 WST 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:14 pm, Mark wrote:
> Dave Dartnall wrote:
> >Just a follow-up - thanks, Leon, the upgrade from the cd set
> > worked like a charm but I had a bit of a problem with your
> > urpmi procedure. Richard Meyer's tip re
> > http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php was the solution.
> > As he said, couldn't be easier! - and helped me to
> > understand what Leon meant! Thanks guys for the help.
>
> Funny I have not been able to get either Leons or the Richard
> Meyer's urpmi setup to work for me.
> Did it work straight up Dave or did you change anythig at all.
>
> Mark
Worked straight up. There were three steps, (1) entry of Mandrake
version & architecture, (2) selection of mirror sites and
sources needed, which was followed by a delay while the site
determined what was wanted, and provided a box with a notice of
the text to be typed into a console as root, and (3) doing just
that.
Magic - i'm on a dialup connection and update of the main core of
the Mandrake distribution took about an hour.
I forget how long the source updates took but about 45 min...

In step (2) you can enter all the sources needed and the system
returns a different urpmi set of commands for each which you can
implement at your leisure.

good luck

Dave Dartnall