[plug] TEST (Sorry but it seems there's nothing comming through here)

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Sat Jul 5 19:30:30 WST 2003

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, quoth indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU:

> Seems like the linuxit guys had connection troubles,
> their web pages and the plug web pages were also down for a while.

Yeah it was mucho bizarre

I couldn't ping our gateway (woody) or anything beyond it (or ssh/www/etc)
but I happened to have an ssh session into woody which worked fine

 From woody I couldn't ping anything else, even localhost. I just got the
error "Operation not permitted" - as if it was being denied in the OUTPUT
firewall (which I checked, and flushed)

The kernel log showed lots of "ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet."
errors, which may have been related.

A reboot fixed it.  Fortunately I had that ssh session connected, or I
would have been going for a 90 min round trip to reboot it.

 - Matt