[plug] OpenOffice and Elite Central

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Sun Jul 6 09:08:08 WST 2003

A client of ours is a programmer that has written some job control
program. It can only print in Word format, I think it converts them to
word docs first then uses the print engine. OO.o will never work with
his software unless he modifies it.
OO.o is infinitely better than Office in a cost comparison but it can
bite you back if you have to hard sell it to your clients.
Microsoft "works" (pardon the pun) has word in it, i think and is
significantly cheaper than office.

--
Linux Information Technology
Society of Linux Professionals WA