[plug] laptop required for PLUG seminar

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Jul 8 13:38:15 WST 2003

At 10:49 AM 07/07/2003, Bernard wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 08:30:47AM +0800, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> > "Nothing other than the fact is has a cheap video card. (i815).  Bernards
> > is slightly better and hence to smart for the CRT tube."
>
>Hi Jacqueline,
>
>I think my laptop may have been having issues last time because I
>was using framebuffers - enabling/disabling it reproduces the
>problem here. So if I could take my laptop down to TAFE today
>sometime and see if it does infact work without framebuffers, then
>I'll be happy to bring it along tomorrow night.
>
>Is there anybody at TAFE I can contact in regards to plugging it in
>and trying it out today sometime?

Hi Bernard, did you get the opportunity to try it out? If not, may need to
still request "calling all laptops" for 7pm :)

The other requirement is probably OpenOffice.org unless Mike is planning to
run his presentation from a browser. Mike?

I have the cable from Tony to connect to the projector.

Hopefully with all the offers, one will work - before 7.30pm :)

See you there for Mike's "OpenOffice.org data connection - Database for the
rest of us" at Lecture Theatre TAFE CMC - 25 Aberdeen St, Perth. Visitors
and friends most welcome.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)