[plug] laptop required for PLUG seminar

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Jul 8 14:35:05 WST 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 01:38:15PM +0800, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> Hi Bernard, did you get the opportunity to try it out? If not, may need to
> still request "calling all laptops" for 7pm :)

Not yet. I'm trying to arrange that atm.

> The other requirement is probably OpenOffice.org unless Mike is planning to
> run his presentation from a browser. Mike?

And version 1.0.3 at that?

> I have the cable from Tony to connect to the projector.

I'll be bringing assorted power/network gear just

> Hopefully with all the offers, one will work - before 7.30pm :)

Just have to find the cheapest video chipset and cross fingers :)

My laptop worked fine at 1024x768 framebuffer, but not at 1024x768
in X - could've been the colour depth. But the more laptops, the
merrier :)

Regards,

Bernard.

--