[plug] re: server freezing

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Jul 9 10:17:34 WST 2003

Bernard,
No changes to system, installed it as per instructions from IBM and RedHat.

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 06:36:31PM +0800, Jon  Miller wrote:
> from a workstation in the office and left that connected.  The
> server has not locked.  I will leave it for another 24 hrs to see
> if locking occurs.

Leave top running with an update speed of 0 (continuously) - either
from the ssh session or on the console, in case a particular process
is causing the hassle and you just might catch it :)

Have you done anything like enabling DMA or similar recently?

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham