[plug] Hacker challenge ends in feuding

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Jul 10 10:16:39 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 09:58, Richard Meyer wrote:
> There seem to be a fairly high proportion of OF's around (Old Farts). Me,
> Leon and Onno, at least, unless Leon and Onno were just child prodigies who
> visited their uncles at the museum of failed old computers.

No uncle of mine ever did anything with computers. However I suspect
that I'm the latter, rather than the former - only stamped out in 1967,
but I never did work with paper-tape or punch cards :-)

On a semi-serious note, has anyone else noticed that there is nothing
new under the sun? I mean, when I wrote software for my VIC20, bytes
mattered, these days I have 512Mb of RAM, vs. 3.5Kb of RAM, but writing
web-apps, my code still runs rings around the opposition because bytes
still matter.

> Better kill this thread or the "young whippersnappers" are likely to get
> bored.

They might learn something :-)

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..