[plug] client-server e-mail query system?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jul 10 11:29:59 WST 2003

> I've never used IMAP but I would have thought that if you're filing Joe
> Bloggs' e-mail in your 'Widgets' folder, you need only visit your
> Widgets folder and search for your specified e-mail. How could your
> browser download unwanted mail?

IMAP will do the job unless you need quick searches in body text. Even
then it is often not too bad, so long as your IMAP server supports
imap4r1 so you can download bodies but not attachments. Most mail
clients don't make it easy to get information like the name of an
attachment without opening a message, though.