[plug] Mozilla printing woes

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Jul 10 12:22:11 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 12:10, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Has anyone managed to get Mozilla to print properly with Debian and
> Cups?  Using the Debian package, the only printer that shows up is
> "Postscript/Default" and insists on using letter paper by default
> despite /etc/papersize.  Using the Mozilla.org binaries, the two
> connected Cups printers show up (as well as another printer with a
> dodgy-looking name like ___var_spool_tmp_print@:64) with @:64 stuck on
> the end, and use A4 paper by default but don't actually bleedin' well
> /work/.  (I'm guessing that this is because Mozilla is trying to spool
> to a printer named "kyocera@:64" rather than "kyocera" but could be
> wrong.)

If using CUPS I have my mozilla printer set to the default
'Postscript/default' and then under properties i have:

lpr -P printername

I have only had luck with lpr - which is part of the cupsys-bsd package.

I don't have any printers auto-detected or anything so I may have it
setup 'wrong' - but it works ... has done so from Moz 1.1 - 1.4a

Ryan