[plug] NEW PROJECT FORMED: OpenGroupware.org, AS SKYRiX OPEN SOURCES ITS GROUPWARE SERVER

Sacha Schlegel schlegel at cs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Jul 11 19:37:59 WST 2003

Hi Simon

Thanks for your info.

There seems to be similar projects:

- exchange4linux
- kroupware

and now

- openoffice groupware

Maybe you can let me know what you find out. Maybe you know about the
other projects already.

Kind regards.

Sacha Schlegel

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 14:46, Simon Scott wrote:
> Wow. This is full on.
>
> They are 100% right, this truly is the missing link in OSS.
>
> Dunno bout burning the candles (Im too old for that), but I know what Ill be
> doing this weekend.
>
> Extremely exciting - maybe a local-ish (maybe like off-topic) mail list is in
> order?
>

> > At 16:05 10/07/2003 +0800, Jacqueline wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >Says Gary Frederick, Leader of the OpenOffice.org Groupware Project: "Just
>
> > >to be perfectly clear, this is an MS Exchange replacement. OGo is
> > >important because it's the missing link in the open source software stack.
>
> > >It's the end of a decade-long effort to 'map' all the key infrastructure
> > >and standard desktop applications to free software. OGo offers
> > <snip>
> >
> > Ohhh... prickly feelings down the spine.   I assume this is for real?  No
> > more need for Bynari, etc as partial solutions?
> >
> > Even *more* candles tonight (reference to another thread - burning candles
> > at both ends & the need to bone up on mail reading technologies.)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Denis
> >

> <!DSPAM:3f0e5d51276988235118319>
Sacha                                   Schlegel
4 Warwick Str, 6102 St. James, Perth,  Australia
sacha at schlegel.li                www.schlegel.li
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg