[plug] Network Card Problems

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jul 13 16:43:19 WST 2003

I am having problems with a 3com network card using the 3c59x driver. The
problem occurs using the default knoppix-2.4.20-xfs kernel with the driver
as a module and for a custom built 2.4.18 kernel with the driver compiled in.
I can transfer small files if they are by themselves. A large file will die
after only about 6000bytes and small files will die after the first 1 or 2
have been transferred. Ping works fine. The problem is only there for FTP
or SMB i havn't tried scp. A ssh session works fine.
Also how do I change the network card settings when its compiled in, I used
to pass options to the module but I can't do that when its compiled in.
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA