[plug] OO.o RC1 fixes some niggling problems, it seems

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jul 15 08:49:33 WST 2003

 > I don't know about you folks, but those are two of the MAJOR issues
with OO.o for my uses. All that's now needed is the ability to read a
global preferences set.

> Congrats to the OO.o developers for all they've done.

Reading over that, it sounds like I'm just complaining about what
/wasn't/ there in older releases. Sorry if it sounds that way - I'm
finding OO.o very useful indeed, and appreciate the incredible work the
development team and their support folk have put in a lot. It is,
however, hard to avoid keeping a mental checklist of 'issues/features'
since, as with so many things, it's the things that /aren't/ there that
you notice day-to-day.

Having a well-rounded FREE office suite that can handle the MS formats
fairly well is quite amazing. Since the forms look like they work quite
a bit better in 1.1, I think I'll have to be teaching the users how to
use them to avoid one more sysadmin's nightmare - "of course the
spreadsheet is a good database!"

As for the reply-to-self - yes, I am probably just going senile (a bit
early, at that!).

Craig Ringer