[plug] Where to find out about Unix &/or Linux courses.

Barry Cugley barryc at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 15 22:51:53 WST 2003

Hello all

There is a refugee I know of who wants to do a computing course as a means to finding a job. His social worker only knows of the regular universities and thinks that Windows and applications that run under it, are the only things that are taught.

The question is, are there any Unix or Linux courses being taught locally that are occupationally oriented and could be useful to this guy?

His background seems to be in science or engineering and he can use a computer but beyond that I can't tell you anything more.

Regards
Barry