[plug] Que? Kernel panics during install?

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Thu Jul 17 10:04:46 WST 2003

>What about the log consoles? What do they say?
Nothing. They weren't available when the kernel panicked. I just got keyboard
blinkenlights. :-(

> It could be the ACPI problem which occasionally makes life difficult on
> certain machines. Do a search for "ACPI" in the SuSE support database, or
> have a look here for general guidance and a list of options:
I'll keep this in mind when I try again in a couple of hours. I did try
installing with "Safe Settings" which meant nodma, nopcmcia and some other
stuff that i don't remember. But I'll check the SuSE support db on this
matter and see how it goes.

Thanks Derek and Binh for your replies! :-)

cheers; sol