[plug] strange ping times

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Thu Jul 17 22:43:14 WST 2003

Hi all,

Tonight my 56k modem link has been acting a little wacky. The best way I
can show it is with a graph - http://dagobah.ucc.asn.au/pings.ps.
Ping times at 100ms intervals over 10 seconds, to the remote end of
the ppp link. Similar pings are experienced to anywhere over that
link. And ditto for all protocols too - not just ICMP.

I've never seen anything like it before. Does it look familiar to
anybody else?

ppp 2.4.1.uus-4 on my end, iinet/chime's access server's on the
other. It was behaving like this for about half an hour (making net
access erratic), but now it seems to be working fine again, so it's
no big deal, but I'm still interested if anybody can explain it. =)

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham