[plug] re: upgrading a dual boot system

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Jul 18 19:56:25 WST 2003

I'm in the process of upgrading a dual boot PC.  The partitions are:
/dev/hda1 - Windows 2000 (NTFS)
/dev/hda2 - ext3
/dev/hda3 - swap

What I do not see is a / or /boot partition.  Yet this system has been  a dual boot system using  grub as the boot loader.
Since all of the drive space has been used I cannot create a / partition and therefore I cannot upgrade the system.
Does anyone know 1) how is this possible to not the / partition or a /boot; 2) Do I need to reformat this entire drive in order to set this up?

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby