[plug] Where to find out about Unix &/or Linux courses.

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Jul 19 20:23:55 WST 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:51, Barry Cugley wrote:
> There is a refugee I know of who wants to do a computing course as a
> means to finding a job. His social worker only knows of the regular
> universities and thinks that Windows and applications that run under
> it, are the only things that are taught.

> The question is, are there any Unix or Linux courses being taught
> locally that are occupationally oriented and could be useful to this
> guy?

> His background seems to be in science or engineering and he can use a
> computer but beyond that I can't tell you anything more.

LinuxAus is looking at having LPI proctors in every state soonish. There
are several courses like this that you can do most of in a
correspondence-ish fashiopn but all (worthwhile) rely on properly
proctored face-to-face exam.

I'm sure some of the TAFEs and the like offer Linux units, but I don't
know about a full course.

Cheers; Leon