[plug] Mouse Cursor

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Sun Jul 20 10:51:21 WST 2003

By elusive do you mean it kinda treats the edge of the screen like a
magnet; or goes completely bonkas whenever you touch it; or that it
clicks on a spot somewhere to the left (or right) of where the mouse
cursor is displayed?

I've had all these problems using Debian Woody and XF86 v3.3.6 on
800x600 monitors. The first two are related to the mouse configuration
in XF86. I only have PS2 mice, but I often set them as Microsoft mice
during setup. For some reason this often works for me. I remember I
tinkered with settings in the config file for a while before I found
drivers that would work with the mice and it wasn't always what I expected.

It's useful if you've got XF86Setup cos you can test the configuration
after you've set it. Some people choose to set the mouse to /dev/gpmdata
and use gpm to configure the mouse. I haven't had much luck with this
myself.

With regard to the last instance which I experience every so often on
one machine, I haven't found a solution other than restarting X. A new
mouse is on the way.

HTH; sol

--
Sol Hanna