[plug] Kernal Died

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Jul 20 15:35:32 WST 2003

> Recently i have tried to recompile my kernal on my half made server. Near the
> end it started complaining about different mods and asked if I wanted to abort.
> I answered yes then rebooted, now i cant get into linux at all. is there some
> way i can fix up this mess i have made? Or at least access the hard drive to
> back up my config files then reinstall.

You should be able to boot off your distro recovery disk (What distro
are you using, anyway? Please specify this information when asking
questions!) and update your bootloader configuration from there.

Are you using LILO or GRUB for a boot loader? If you don't know, it can
probably be guessed from the distro you're using.

When you say you can't get into linux at all, what happens? Please write
any error messages, and describe how far into the boot-up it gets before
having problems.

Craig Ringer